Guadalupe Dominguez and Cristal Rincon
Chronicle Reporter and Website Editor
Are you looking for something new to watch? Does nothing catch your attention on Hulu and Netflix? Well we have narrowed down the best shows and movies to binge now that you have all the time in the world!
- Elite (Netflix): We might not be in school but the students at Las Encinas are. The teen drama set in Spain will keep you stuck to your streaming device with its drama and cliches.
- Gossip Girl (Netflix): For a longer running teen drama, with just as much scandal and heartache, watch Gossip Girl—where the lives of privileged upper class students gets turned upside down by a mysterious blogger by the name of ‘Gossip Girl’.
- 9-1-1 (Hulu): The doors to the lives of first responders including fire fighters, police officers, and dispatchers are open during this series. From overcoming the loss of family and addiction to saving those affected by earthquakes, 9-1-1 tells the story of those who are there during emergencies.
- Becoming (Netflix): An intimate documentary that goes behind that scenes with former first lady Michelle Obama, as she goes on her inspiring book tour.
- Queer Eye (Netflix): Queer Eye has returned with four new seasons and the new Fab Five. The show which takes place in and around Atlanta follows the lifestyle makeovers of men and women. The Fab Five on this reboot include Jonathan Van Ness, Antoni Porowski, Bobby Berk, Tan France, and Karamo Brown.
- A Quiet Place (Hulu): For anyone who’s a fan of horror or suspense, A Quiet Place is essential to watch. The plot revolves around a family trying to survive in a world overrun by creatures with an acute sense of hearing who hunt you if they hear you.
- Don’t F**k With Cats: Hunting and Internet Killer (Netflix): If you are looking for a docu-series to keep you on your toes Don’t F***k With Cats is your best choice. It follows the investigation and manhunt of Luka Magnotta, known for uploading the video titled 1 man 2 cats to Facebook. Watch at your own risk….
- Criminal Minds (Netflix): An elite squad of FBI profilers analyzes the country’s most-twisted criminal minds, anticipating the perpetrators’ next moves before they can strike again.
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Hulu): The show that should be on every sitcom fan’s watchlist, Brooklyn 99 is a police procedural comedy series following the detectives of the NYPD’s 99th precinct.
- One Day at a Time (Netflix and Pop TV): Pop TV has brought back One Day at a Time after its cancellation on Netflix. The show follows the life of the Alvarez, a Cuban- American family living in Echo Park. Along with being culturally diverse it deals with issues like immigration, sexism, racism, and mental illness.