As a high school student, the coronavirus could have affected your lives. You might be a senior and be sad because your last months of high school are gone and your senior events that you were finally looking forward to like prom and graduation are not going to happen sooner than you thought. You might be a junior, sophomore, or freshman and you might feel like you are running out of time to do community services and feel unmotivated for the next year of high school and possibly college. Ultimately, everyone is going through a hard time.
In honor of Mental Health Awareness Month,as an “fan of BTS or ARMY , here are some inspirational lyrics that can make someone lift their spirits up.
- Spring Day- This song is about longing for someone and waiting for them. One of the lyrics “The morning will come again, no darkness, no season is eternal” is inspirational because one day we will be able to see our friends and become happy.
- 2!3!- This song is reflected on the hardships someone can experience in their life. The lyrics “Let’s all count 1,2,3 forgetting and erasing the sad memories, smiling holding each other’s hands, hoping for better days” can describe how together by staying in touch with your loved ones and friends, we can get through this pandemic together.
- Magic Shop- This song reflects on accepting to love yourself and what to do when you feel sad. The lyrics are “on days I hate myself, days I want to disappear forever, let’s make a door in your heart, it’s ok to believe.” You should open your mind and heart and always try to look at the glass that’s half full and not half empty.
- Outro: Wings- This song is talking about growing self confidence and can help the juniors and seniors who might feel nervous about college. “I believe in myself. My back is hurting for my wings to come out. I believe in you, even if things are bleak right now.” Even if juniors might not feel ready to apply for college next semester and seniors being nervous about the next chapters of their lives, everything will be ok.
- So What- This song can be for someone who has too many thoughts and worries. The lyrics “90% of your worries are an imaginary swamp that you created. Just go instead of worrying. Don’t get scared, cheer up shout it out so what”
- Answer: Love Myself- This song says that the answer to loving yourself can be various answers. The lyrics “I’m on the path to loving myself. It’s what I need the most. I’m walking for myself. It’s an action needed for me. My attitude towards myself. That’s the happiness I need for me.” tells us how loving yourself is trusting yourself.
- Moving on- This song is about moving on to a new chapter in your life. The lyrics “Now let’s take our pride and go toward a bigger world with a bigger dream. A new start, a new beginning, excited to see how it will become.” As seniors step into college, we should be excited that we can start out a new chapter in our lives.
- Mikrokosmos- This song talks about how everyone is special in their own way. The lyrics “one light is ambition,…. people’s lights are all precious, don’t disappear, because you’re a big existence” reminds us that each one of us are unique and make others happy.
- Epiphany- This song talks about the importance of self love. The chorus “I’m the one I should love in this world, Shining me, precious soul of mine, I finally realized so I love me not so perfect but so beautiful” states that self love is vital and we should appreciate ourselves.
- I’m fine- This song is a response to their previous song “Save Me” and believes that positivity is the answer to fear. The lyrics “all of the sadness and scares became an old memory now. So let’s all smile and let go. Our future will only have happiness so put away your gear, Enjoy it you worked hard” explain how we should abandon our fears and constant worries and be bright.