Early Wednesday morning Donald Trump’s star on the walk of fame was destroyed by a man dressed as a construction worker with a sledgehammer going by the name of Jamie Otis. The incident was recorded by people passing by the man dismantling the star and was shared on social media.
He was able to successfully remove Donald’s name from the star and the television symbol but not able to remove the star itself completely. In an interview with TMZ, Otis said he wanted to remove the star to send a message to Donald Trump. He also said he wanted to auction off the pieces of the star he has to raise money for the women accusing Donald Trump of sexual assault, which is 11 women in total.
Trump’s star, located near the Dolby Theater, will be replaced and fixed within days. The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce which chooses the stars on the Walk of Fame said that it will cost thousands to replace it. There has been much scrutiny to remove the star and even a petition online was formed but the committee said they would never consider removing any star saying that each star is part of the history of the Walk of Fame. Otis will face felony charges once he turns himself in.
Trump, who received his star in 2007 for his work on the show, The Apprentice, has not commented on what happened. This is not the only incident involving vandalism on Trump’s star. Earlier in the year it was spray painted on twice and had a tiny wall built around it mocking Trump’s plan to build a wall on the Mexican border.