Crimson Chronicle Reporter
Since spooky season is here and Halloween is right around the corner, it’s a perfect time for horror and thriller movies. Halloween is all about the tricks and the treats, Movies are a crucial part to get you into the spirit of Halloween. Here are some great slasher movies to get you hooked.The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) This is a slasher movie franchise consisting of a total of eight movies. It’s inspired by the serial killer Ed Gein and its about this group of friends that come across this farmhouse on their road trip and discover a group of murderous psycho strangers.
- Scream (1996) When a popular girl and her boyfriend get brutally murdered. A psycho killer is on the loose in the small town of Woodsboro.
- Halloween (1978) On Halloween night in 1978 after the murder of his sister 15 years ago. Twenty one year old Michael Myers comes back to the small town of Haddon field on Halloween night where he looks for his next victims.
- Friday The 13th (1980) After the reopening of Camp Crystal lake a psychotic killer murders groups of teengers to make sure the camp does not re-open again after the drowning of a victim.
- Halloween Kills (2021) When the unstoppable Michael Myers escapes from Laurie Strode’s trap he comes back to finish what he started. Meanwhile Laurie persuades the rest of the citizens of haddon field to surface against Michael Myers to get rid of him once and for all.
If you’d like something more family friendly to appeal to everyone including to the kids so that everyone can enjoy a good halloween movie, these are some of the best recommendations.
- Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) When Jack Skellington, Halloween Towns Pumpkin King stumbles across a Christmas wonderland he devises a plan to bring Christmas under his control by kidnapping Santa Claus.
- Halloweentown (1998) When Marie and her brothers follow grandma home to Halloween Town they shortly discover that they come from a family of witches.
- Corpse Bride (2005) This is about two worlds: the living and the dead. While the living is gloomy and boring, the world of the dead is fun and full of bright colors.
- Monster house (2006) Three kids believe a neighbor’s house is a living creature that is evil and eats people. With Halloween approaching they must stop the creature from eating any trick or treaters on Halloween night.