Melisa Lovos Palacios
Halloween is just two days away. With endless costumes, decorations, and celebration ideas. Although modified this year, we still have the opportunity to celebrate with our closest friends and family in a safe way. Sometimes these events are best when we can create our own designs, by hand, with cheap supplies.
Here are some Do It Yourself ideas and tutorial links for decorations and costumes to celebrate in the comfort of your home, while still having a great time!
10 Do It Yourself Decoration Ideas:
- Spider Web Wall: Add spider webs and erie black painted branches.
- Giant Balloon Spider: Make cute Halloween spider balloons for the younger ones in your family.
- Erie Living room: Decorate your living room in the spookiest of ways, to get more in the Halloween spirit!
- Door decor: Use your front door as a source of inspiration by making it look scary and unique, to spook your neighbors.
- Carved pumpkins: Carve some pumpkins for your front door, inside your home, or even in your room!
- Candy Door Hanger: Have fun with a candy door hanger, inside your home, outside your door and even the doors of your neighbors, this Halloween!
- Origami Halloween lights: Have fun with some of your own origami light decorations for your room, your living room, and even your kitchen!
- Skull string art: Use your artistic imagination to create your own string art following the tutorial below!
- Bloody Candle: Create your own scary candles for this Halloween night, to scare your friends and family at home!
- Tissue Paper Pumpkin Treat Bags: Make your own treat bags to give your friends, classmates, and family this halloween, with spooky treats, using this easy tutorial!
10 Do It Yourself Costume Ideas:
- Burrito Costume: This costume can take at least 10 minutes to make, with a silver skirt, a tan shirt and a self decorated green collar. DIY Last-Minute Burrito Halloween Costume
- “Men in Black” costume: This costume includes all black suits, sunglasses- and if possible- a dog (perfect for couples and best friends). https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/halloween-ideas/g2625/halloween-costumes-for-couples/
- Sabrina Costume: Dress up as Sabrina the Teenage Witch, with a red dress, blonde curls and a black headband. https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/halloween-ideas/g21931993/teen-halloween-costumes/
- Old married couple Costume: pair up with your best friend or your couple, dress up in your PJ’s, a pair of round glasses, some slippers, messy hair, and a coffee mug. DIY old married couple costumes.
- Minion Costume: Dress up with a yellow T-Shirt, blue jeans or shorts, suspenders, black shoes, and Minion eye headband. https://www.sheknows.com/living/articles/1018083/how-to-make-a-despicable-me-minion-costume/
- Wilma and Fred Costume: Dress up as our favorite prehistoric couple, with orange hair, a white dress and big, fake pearls as Wilma, and an orange outfit and a blue tie as Fred. https://www.peekaboopages.com/2010/10/costume-week-wilma-flintstone.html
- ‘If You Give a Mouse a Cookie’ Costume: To dress as the mouse in the book, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, just wear a white long sleeve shirt, with blue overalls, mouse ears, and a paper made huge cookie https://thehousethatlarsbuilt.com/2015/10/if-you-give-a-mouse-a-cookie-costumes.html/#more-1630
- Cat with yarn Costume: All you need is some cat ears, a black long sleeve shirt and a black skirt, with black tights, and black shoes, along with some yellow yarn. For extra effect, you can add whiskers with makeup. https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/halloween-ideas/g3836/homemade-pregnant-halloween-costumes/ and https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/halloween-ideas/a24184841/diy-cat-costume/
- Bandits Costume: With your partner in crime, dress in a black beanie, black mask, striped black and white long sleeve shirt, and black pants, along with some bags with the money symbol on the front. https://sayyes.com/2012/10/easy-and-last-minute-couples-costumes-pt-1
- Bob Ross and Happy Tree Costume: With a curly wig, blue jeans and a light blue dress shirt for him, and a brown sweatshirt with glued- on, green leaves for her. https://www.creatingreallyawesomefunthings.com/diy-family-halloween-costume/