With LAUSD schools shut down due to the COVID-19 epidemic students were let go for two weeks. This being said learning and school work is still a requirement for the students and teachers during those two weeks. But besides all the school work that was assigned to students, there are other ways to distract yourself. On March 15, 2020 Mayor Eric Garcetti made the announcement that public places like dine-in restaurants, entertainment venues, and gyms were all going to be closed to the public. This means that most activities to kill time during this quarantine will now have to be in the comfort of your own home.
To help make this quarantine experience a bit more bearable here’s some things to do while you’re trapped inside :
- Without disturbing your surrounding neighbors, pick up an instrument and practice.
- Sing ‘When Will My Life Begin’ from Tangled cause we are all feeling like Rapunzel right about now.
- Social Media:
- With Tik Tok being a trend right now learn some Tik Tok dances and have fun with it.
- Try new makeup and hair styles. You never know what creative side you got in you until you try.
- Do any form of art projects. Paint, scrap booking, coloring books, or draw.
- Rearrange your room to make it look like a completely new setting.
- Read or even write a book.
- Movie Night Everynight?:
- Watch a new movie everyday. (All those long movies you decided to avoid in the past will now come in handy.)
- Stay in Touch:
- Use apps like FaceTime, Skype, and Google Hangouts to talk to all your friends cause 2 weeks is a lot of time without them.
- Family Time:
- Play board games with your family. Do things like puzzles and charades.
- Being considerate of the food available in your household, try a new recipe. Whether it be in your cooking or baking skills.
These two weeks might feel quite lengthy but keeping your spirits up will help with everything going on. Simple things like washing our hands for 20 or more seconds (you can also choose to sing ‘Happy Birthday’ twice) can make a huge difference. So rest up during these two weeks, catch up on all missing work, keep track of all work being assigned by teachers, and stay safe and healthy.