Guadalupe Domingue Trujillo
It is safe to say that Halloween 2020 isn’t cancelled. Los Angeles decorates itself with spiderwebs, jack-o-lanterns, and skeletons to welcome the ‘spookiest’ day of the year. If you are still looking for something to do on Halloween or the week of we have made a list of the safest and spookiest Halloween activities.
- Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens Movie Night
With movie theaters still closed the Los Angeles Zoo has decided to host drive-in movie nights. There is only one weekend left of this event. Movies like Goosebumps, The Addams Family and Poltergeist will be on the big screen once more for your enjoyment.
Tickets can be found here: https://www.lazoo.org/movies/
- The 17th Door Haunted Experience
Teens across southern California have been driving to Fullerton to enjoy the TikTok famous haunted house. Before entering you have to sign a waiver(if you are under 18 you need a parent or guardian to sign as well), by doing so you are giving permission to being touched, having insects thrown at you, being electrically shocked, and much more. This attraction will be open for it’s last week (except Monday) and tickets start at $40.
The 17th Door Website:https://the17thdoor.com
- Plan Your Own Spooky-Night
The safest way to spend Halloween right now is by staying home. Here is a checklist for planning your very own Spooky Night.
Pick a Movie:
- The Witches, based on Roald Dahl’s famous novel, starring Anne Hathway.
- Hocus Pocus, a Halloween family classic, three witches resurrect just in time for Halloween.
- The Child’s Play franchise now has 8 movies, all based on the infamous Chucky doll.
Grab Your Favorite Snacks:
- The Pillsbury Halloween cookies are back on the shelf at your local grocery stores.
- Here is a list of Halloween themed treats you can make at home:
Carve a Pumpkin:
What You Will Need:
- Pumpkin Carving Kit
Helpful Sites: https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=pumkin+carving+kit
Make a Spooky Basket for a Friend
Things you will need:
- Classic Candy Bucket
- Halloween Candy and Snacks
- DVD of a Classic Halloween Movie
- Halloween themed PJs
Helpful Sites: https://www.target.com
- Make Your Way to the Pumpkin Patch
Mr. Jack O’Lanterns Pumpkin Patch in Hollywood remains open for the last week of October and just in time for you to take Instagram worthy fall pictures. Not only can you grab a pumpkin but also decorating and carving kits. They open at 11 A.M. Monday through Thursday and 10 A.M. Friday through Sunday.
The Crimson Chronicle wishes you a happy and safe Halloween! Don’t forget your mask!